Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Of The Advantages Of Being Disorderly Is That One Is Constantly Making Discoveries-A.A. Milne

When I think of the word ‘disorderly’, I inevitably remember my bedroom closet when I was a child. My perfectionist mother demanded a perfectly neat room. Mine always appeared to be orderly because I simply tossed all of my belongings in my closet. Instant neatness, until I was ‘found out’ the night my mother called the police because she heard a noise in the house. When the policeman opened my closet door, he much too loudly announced, “NOTHING could get in there.” It was a disastrously negative outcome from my youthful small world perspective. My cover was blown.

Everyday somewhere in our world there are positive results, with far greater ramifications than in the small realm of my childhood, when chaos is resolved. Chaos seems pointless. We are repulsed by it. We fear it, BUT we reach resolution because of it. Positives can emerge from the negativity of chaos.

 Chaos often results in mental reflection. Disorder invites us to reflect on what would be necessary to free us from physical or mental disarray. Discoveries often follow life situations encumbered by disorder. Inventions are created first in the mind of the inventor, after which trial and error follow and, in due time, result in a creation. Without disorder, there would not be the myriad of inventions which simplify our lives.

Life, with the comforts of such items as automobile tires and telephones and sunscreen all resulted from a problem initially creating disorder. Order comes from disorder because people put their minds to work.

The next time you wonder how to extricate yourself from a mess, think creatively! Invent a solution which could change life as we know it! You might even become famous for generations to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment